To help better organize bike share bikes where we’ve seen lots of use in the city, SDOT is experimenting with designated bike share bike parking areas. Five “sidewalk furniture zone” locations along NW Market St in Ballard where selected to encourage bike share users to park their bike share bikes. The five designated parking locations have temporary markings and SDOT will determine how effective they are in helping to better organize the brightly colored bikes. The first 5 bike share parking locations are located at:
- North side of Market just west of Ballard Ave (in front of Shakti Yoga).
- NE corner of Leary and Market (Ballard Beer Company).
- SE corner of Leary and Market (AT&T store).
- SW corner of Tallman and Market (All the Best Pet Care).
- North side of Market just W of Russel (Kangaroo and Kiwi).
SDOT will measure use and will monitor these areas for usage, organization, design resilience, and compliance rates in the immediate vicinity of the locations, on the same block-face, and neighborhood-wide.