Attendance: Kelly Goold, SeaP&R, Barbara Hainley, Joan Weaver, Joani Kiehn, Anne Chafee, Peggy, Heidi Nelson, Alyssa Smith, Laura Rollins
Highlights: Work party 10/13, Trellis Grant and Fundraising info, Community Garden Planning, Update from Kelly Goold
Work Party planned for October 13.
· Alyssa has contacted Jesse, lead gardener at North Parks Maintenance, to schedule a pre work party walk through. Goal is to outline tasks for parks staff vs tasks for volunteers.
· Tools will be requested one week before.
· Work party will start at 930 (with food) and continue until 1pm or so
· Alyssa will ask for donations from Ballard Market for the food
· Tasks at the work party: weeding, removing dead branches from trees, planting donated plants and moving crowded plants.
Community Garden Planning
· Contractor will be adding bedding soil to the garden beds; volunteers will add plants after this is done.
· Email will be sent out to our list asking for donations of dividable plants from neighbors gardens. Master gardeners will compile and review plant submissions for appropriateness/maintenance ease and then contact people if the plant is okay.
· Plant donations should be dug up the day of the work party and delivered to the park.
· Each donation should be about 1 hr of volunteer time to allow for digging and delivery, and should be reflected in the sign in sheet.
Update from Kelly Goold at Seattle Parks and Rec
· Lights: incorrect parts were shipped previously and the correct parts are enroute. They will be installed in about two weeks when the contractor arrives to finish the punch list.
· SDOT: they are requiring sidewalk rebuilding to be done. Parks/neighbors think its better to wait until we receive funding for the rain garden, because it will just be dug up again.
· Budget: not much left because of SDOT’s new requirements
· Kelly will get Alyssa a materials list and line item schedule for the trellis grant.
· Kelly recommends we request $17,000 to make sure we are covered.
· He said the highest reasonable bid we should take is $27,200
· Laura Rollins, Meg McNulty and Alyssa Smith will work on the Dept of Neighborhoods Grant.
· Soliciting donations of material from Limback
· Offers for fundraisers from Chucks Hop Shop and Noble Fir
· Our $6,000 or so in the bank will act as a base for the fundraising
· Volunteer labor will be matched at $20/hr