Median along 36th Ave. NW flanking both sides of 38th Ave. NW sidewalk from Seaview to the Burlington Northern right-or-way.
In 2008, Sunset Hill neighbors came together to improve the corridor between Sunset Hill and Shilshole Ave. They applied for and received a Department of Neighborhoods Small and Simple Matching grant to develop a concept plan to improve this important corridor and then to do one or more modest landscape enhancement projects. The grant paid for a design consultant, Barker Landscape Architects to work with the community, City departments and adjacent private property owners to create a plan to:
- remove noxious and invasive plants
- plant low growing, drought tolerant plants
- improve visibility and sight lines
- improve the pedestrian connections
- beautify the area and increase the pleasures of walking, biking and driving
The Friends of Sunset Hill Shilshole Gateway host work parties throughout the year. Subscribe to our newsletter to learn about the next opportunity.