Groundswell NW Treasurer Announcement
We need you! Groundswell NW is looking for a new Treasurer. Be a part of an all-volunteer 501c(3) nonprofit with the mission to empower NW Seattle to create, activate and care for parks, open space and habitat. We provide fiscal sponsorship, financial support and mentorship to community groups in NW Seattle. We also have a seat at the table in important city-wide decision making as it relates to parks, open space and habitat.
As our Treasurer, you will have a seat on our all-volunteer Board of Directors. You are passionate about parks and open space, and have experience in big picture financial and strategic planning applicable for a small nonprofit.
As the Treasurer, monthly activities include:
- Managing the budget
- Working with our dedicated project groups with fiscal sponsor activities (writing/depositing checks)
- Coordinating with the bookkeeper
- Sharing financial reports at monthly board meetings
As a Board member, activities include:
- Participating in monthly board meetings
- Participating in and/or mentoring community project groups
- Reviewing and selecting micro grant recipients
- Representing Groundswell NW at community events and civic meetings
In-person training and file transfer will be provided by our outgoing Treasurer, Frana. Average time commitment will be 8-10 hours a month. We’re asking for a 1-2 year commitment. This is a great opportunity for you to to get involved in shaping the future of your community!
If you are interested in being our new Treasurer or to learn more about joining our board, contact us via the form below. Thank you for your interest!